8th August 2019

Believe it or not I started this blog entry one evening about 3 weeks ago. I got as far as the title and that was it 😜

The 8th of August was the day it  finally happened. We got the keys to our new dream home!! I don't recall ever being so busy as I have been for the last 36 days since but every morning I wake up and pinch myself. I just can't believe we built a house and that this is all ours! .




Smile!! Brendan, you are a champ mate. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you for being our Site Manager :)

The house is everything we could ever have wished for. It is just so, so beautiful!  Even though there is still so much to sort and to do it already feels like home. It will take months and months before things are fully sorted but that is OK. The blank canvas in our front and back yards will take the initial priority. We have 100,000 potted plants that need a forever home and there are some big plans for our Alfresco area and our retaining walls. Watch this space!

Rather than share more photos of what I have been up to so far (that will come later) I would like to instead thank the team at Mincove Homes.  You guys make building a house seem quite easy, even though it isn't, and Michelle and I are thrilled that we made the decision to choose Mincove as our builder. From the team in Sales to the bloke in the pic above, your patience and professionalism are second to none and we thank you all for working with us to make our dreams come true. Thank you!

So what now?!

I have tried quite unsuccessfully over the last couple of weeks to make a cool walk through video. I will do it, I just need to find the right day and some time to edit it. I will share it as soon as I can.

Landscaping is happening. Tomorrow we have some excavation planned and a significant amount of topsoil being laid in preparation for the turf that I will lay on Monday. I will give that a few weeks to take and settle in before I look to gardens, plants and trees.  Vertical gardens are on the list too!  Rather than buying kits, I am making my own after doing little research. Fingers crossed they work and the bride likes them!

Decking is underway. I am hoping to have the front porch decked by close of business Tuesday and the back deck underway in a few weeks time.

So we are here, it happened and we achieved a pretty big milestone in our journey. It is a massive relief after almost 4 years of blood, sweat and many, many tears to finally have our new home and to never have to worry about tenders, selections and registrations ever again. 

Stay tuned for the next post!

Cheers

Tim


Comments

Popular Posts